I wish you all a Happy New Year! 🥂
Everything begins to take shape in the workshop, and here is today a first series of pictures showing the assemblies that are in progress. Other photos will follow, of course, showing, in particular, the assembly of the metal parts.
The other news of the day:
- LDAC BT codec was successfully tested;
- PCB production follows its schedule;
- LED and sound prompts are definitely validated;
- We are waiting on Qualcomm to deliver us Aptx and Aptx HD licenses requested months ago. It should work, but we are contacting alternative distributors to secure other ways to get the licenses for the VK-X.
- No other delay is expected other than a week that will depend on our assembly speed.
See you soon!
Back in December 2018, we received the metallic headbands of the VK-X; we have now assembled them along with their cable and they were covered with hand-stitched leather by our Parisian partner for all the Serie edition headphones (Classic and Legacy colors).
For Made-To-Order headphones, we started assembly too, depending on the orders received for those colors. Please find below the 6 first definitive headbands that were manufactured for each color.
(2) Speakers and Grids
Since we received the speakers and the grids, we started to solder the speakers to their connection cables to be able to assemble them with the headphone body. Grids are plastic components that close the earcup, as you can see in the model below. Each grid hosts 3 magnets in their back, that allow holding the detachable earpads on the VK-X.